Can you believe it I have a Third Grader! Mackenzie is really looking forward to this year. Second grade turned out to be a waste of a year and close to the end of the year we were counting down the day until she was out of that class. This year when we received her teacher assignment we were so excited. Her teacher is my chiropractors daughter which is kind of funny. We did the meet the teacher day which was last Monday and found just from those few minutes that this would be a wonderful year for her. We then received a postcard in the mail that asked Mackenzie to bring something special in the first day of school to share with the class. Of course, we all know what she took. Yes, you guessed one of her dance trophies and a dance picture. Mackenzie was very excited about taking something like that in and so was I because that met that the teacher was actually interested in them individually. Last year the teacher didn't even care that she existed. Can you tell I'm a little bitter! Anyways these are the pictures from the first day of school. Note the style of bag that she chose to have this year and next. My rule is that you have to have the same bag for two years unless it is totally shot and have holes in it. I buy my bags at children's place and they really last, she had the same back pack and lunch bag for 1st and 2nd and they still look like new. I probably would have asked her to use it again but since the kids these days notice everything she couldn't deal with having to use it a third year. Okay back to the style of bag, yes it looks cute and really cool but is it practical. NO!!!!! Obviously, I don't like the message style back for her age but she wanted it cause everyone has them. The the first day of school came and we put all of her supplies in the bag and it was heavy. She then realized that only one shoulder would have all the weight and it started to hurt. Well today came and she had to take a few things to school again and it was heavy and she asked if she could take this bag back. Well no, the tags are off and your name and number are written inside. So I said, you have $15.oo you can go buy the back pack style if you want. She was really thinking about it but I didn't get an answer from her yet. Now, I'm one of those crazy moms that have to have everything match and I am worried that by the time she decides that she wants the back pack they will be gone for the year. So my thought is do I go and buy it and keep in hidden and when she can't take it any more she can just pay me for it, that way she still learns her lesson. That is the big thing, she needs to learn her lesson that mom knows best! HA HA!!






4 comments:
Little Kenzie is in 3rd grade, WOW!!! She looks so cute in her 'first day of school dress'. Enjoy these days while she is little.
Mackenzie looks so stink'n cute. I do love her bag! but I am sure it does make her shoulder hurt. I would buy a new bag and keep it hidden w/the receipt. Then decide right before the reciept expires if she has not wanted it yet.
I can't believe they are in the third grade!! Time went so fast. She is so pretty. Kaily wanted that same kind of bag, but I am a mean mom and told her no way. There is no way she would have even lasted a day with it.
I like your "hide the backpack" plan.
Third grade! That was my favorite teacher year. I'm glad her first day of school was "awesome"! I like your idea of not buying a new backpack every year, and I hope she endures with the bag okay. =) You sound like a very good mom letting her learn the lesson herself. Good luck this year!
Post a Comment