
Last weekend Jen & I took a girls only trip to a Time Out for Women. We started the weekend out right with a little shopping at the outlet shops and then on to Ikea. I have always wanted to see what this Ikea was all about ever since my friend Carmen had told me all about it and showed me all the cool stuff she got there. So Jen was so nice to give me a tour of the place even if we were going against traffic, I guess the arrows are on the floor for a reason. Then after a great day of finding some great finds, we were off to meet Kalynn for dinner and start the evening segment of the conference. We all met up and got settled and were off to find somewhere yummy to eat since everyone was starving. Now when you have more then 3 people decide on where to eat you end up with total crap. Seriously, I don't think I have ever eaten something that disgusting and then cost as much as it did. Jen you'll have to help me out, I have some how let the name of that place escape my memory (for good reason). So we all felt sick and were still hungry but the conference was starting, so off we went.
So that night we where able to hear from Hilary Weeks, Wendy Nelson, Sheri Dew, & Jenny Baker. Wendy & Sheri gave such wonderful talks and shared some great experiences that helped you see a different perspective. Hilary and Jenny were amazing, Hilary is always wonderful to listen to she has such great music and she has such a great sense of hummer. Jenny is an amazing violinist, who played with the National Symphony Orchestra. The music they performed that night was so wonderful and peaceful it really took you somewhere else.

Us girls with Jenny Baker
So Saturday came bright & early and we were off to a whole day of great speakers. First we heard from Emily Watts. I don't know what it was about her but I loved everything about her. She helped you focus on the good in your life and had a sense of hummer about it. I couldn't get enough of her she really made my day. I was even able to have her sign one of her books for me. Hilary Weeks then performed again and did so through the rest of the day. I love her music and the words she chooses really know how to send a message, which always makes you feel good and helps you start thinking about whats important. I was also able to have her sign her new book for me. We also heard from S.Michael Wilcox, a very deep man but knows a tone about the scriptures. Another speaker was Kim Nelson and he was hilarious. What a great guy who can make you feel better about yourself with a little sense of hummer. And the last speaker was Kris Belcher who struggled with problems with her eyes over since she was 7 months old and then 5 years ago found out she had cancer and had to have one of her eyes removed. She shared her story and the trial that she over came. What an amazing women and she is so funny, she had us laughing so hard but also helped us be thankful for all the good in our lives. I had a wonderful time and am thankful for an amazing husband who stayed with my 3 crazy kids so I could have a wonderful weekend away with 2 of my closest friends.

Jen & I with Emily Watts. Okay, I was so excited to meet her that I look totally crazy in this pic. Can I say why to cheesy!

Me by myself at lunch since my 2 friends were tired of taking pictures. Love you guys too!

Jen & I with Emily Watts. Okay, I was so excited to meet her that I look totally crazy in this pic. Can I say why to cheesy!

Me by myself at lunch since my 2 friends were tired of taking pictures. Love you guys too!
During the conference they keep reminding us of the sweet assurances of life and that we should think what ours were and to share them with someone. So I know how important family & good friends are and without them life would be so hard and lonely. I also know that I have a father in heaven that loves me and that he will always be there for me if I just ask for his help. I also know that life is to short, so live ever day to its fullest and enjoy the journey!


4 comments:
I think it was called Izzy's... ewwww -- trying to block it from my memory! Such a great weekend - thanks for going with me... Ikea was a blast (even if we can't follow direction ;)) and the conference was awesome!!!
I love that last picture of you!! You look happy and relaxed.
Sounds like you had a great time! And I loved the cheesy picture. I need one of those weekends. Maybe someday!
Love the pic on the top!!
Post a Comment