CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 27, 2009

Mackenzie's Big Friend Party

Here's the invitation we gave out for Mackenzie's Birthday Party.



We went through so many ideas but she finally decided to go with a PJ theme. Now I'm not the kind of mom that loves to have 12 screaming 8, 9 , & 10 year olds running through my house but to my surprise it turned out amazingly well. Mackenzie had a great group of girls over and who all seemed to get along well since some were from school, some from dance , & some from church.
For dinner we had sub sandwiches and all different kids of chips. Since Mackenzie doesn't like Pizza that was the next best choice. Mackenzie loves crafts so we decided to have all the girls design their own pillow cases. I made 13 pillow cases for the girls to decorate with fabric markers and all different kids of stencils to choose from. The girls were so creative and did a great job designing the look for their pillow case.

After that we played a few silly games which were fun to watch the girls do. We broke the girls into teams and did relay races. The first game we had the girls use a straw to take their life saver down and put it into a bowl and which ever team put all their life savers into the bowl first won.
The next game we put 2 bags of clothes together; a shirt, vast, pants, socks, boots, and a jacket. Each girl had to go down and open the bag, put all the clothes on, run and touch the next girls hand and then go take all the clothes off and put them back in the bag for the next girl to do the same thing until all the girls on their team had went through. This was so fun to watch, all the girls tried to go as fast as they could putting on the clothes that were way to big for them on.

These videos are hilarious to watch, the first is kind of long but the other is shorter.


The last game was a another relay using a jump rope and a hola hoop. They either had to jump 5 times or spin the hola hoop 5 times. These girls were really fast at this one.



After all the games were done they wanted Mackenzie to open her presents. Thank you to all the girls that came and brought her such great gifts. She was so excited about all the cool stuff that she received from all her friends.


This year Mackenzie wanted to do Ice Cream Sundas instead of a cake or cup cakes. I LOVED that idea!!!! The sad thing is I didn't get any pics cause I was helping with Sundas. I can tell you this they all were very generous with the toppings. Sorry if you kid went home with a sugar high. I do have a pic of her with her cake at her family birthday. She wanted me to make a heart shaped cake which worked out well. We hope you had a great time with your friends and we love you and all your craziness!!!!!

3 comments:

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise

That sounds awesome. What a great idea to do a pj party. I love the pillowcase idea. I am glad having all those girlies over wasn't as chaotic as you thought it would be. They seemed to have a blast. Good Job!

Sara Hollobaugh

What a wonderful birthday!! You are a great mom. I dont know if I will ever have the courage to have that many girls at my house at one time!!!

ohiolanges

Grace had a blast! Thank you for inviting her!