CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Here Comes Santa Clause, Here Comes Santa Clause


I just loves this cute old man in his red suit. This has been a tradition ever since we first had Mackenzie that we would take her to see Santa and I didn't care if she cried or not. So now with three we keep that tradition alive and I don't care if they are crying I will get that picture. Surprisingly enough, Mason didn't cry, he might have had on his worried eyes but he went and got up on his lap all on his own. I know Mackenzie is getting older so this tradition might not last forever with her but I do love what he represents and that's about giving which I know she understands.
Here's a little story on what Mackenzie had learned this year. We signed up to sponsor 3 foster children for Christmas this year. So we went through their wants and needs and bought them presents that they would be excited about. During this time a lot of questions were asked about these children and why didn't they have their mom or dad around. Even though we didn't know their situation we talked about how important family was and how to appreciate what we have. So the time came that we dropped off our presents and the kids were excited to see all the other people that participated and how they were giving to kids so that they could have a good Christmas too. Now at school the 4th grade classes had a tree with ornaments that read if it was a girl or a boy and something that they wanted for Christmas. Well I told Mackenzie that we probably wouldn't be able to participate since we were already doing something like that ourselves. So last night came and as I was tucking her in she said to me "you know mom about that tree at school, well it only has one more ornament left. And its a little girl who only wants a pair of jeans. Mom that's all she wants is just a pair of jeans, can't we get that for her." As you can imagine my heart went out not only for this little girl but also for my own child. That at 9 years old she understood what Christmas was all about. I love this time of year and the way it helps us remember the importance of others. I also know that it can be a very stressful time too and this year I have found that if I just start just a little earlier, then you will find that you will find the time to focus on the true meaning of Christmas and that's the Birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. Have a Very Merry Christmas this year.


I just love this old man in his red suit!

3 comments:

Amy

That's a sweet story...you almost made me cry. It's amazing how much kids catch on. What a sweet girl.

Holly Wilcox

That is so sweet. I too just held back tears.

Sara Hollobaugh

I love that you were able to sponsor foster children. How great for you children to be able to experience That! And Mckenzie, how sweet! And the pics with santa are great! We still need to do that!